Thursday, October 22, 2015

Was It Good for You?

Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality/annoyance for example, alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription meds? Yes I have to agree 100% percent. There are a lot of things on T.V I would not want my daughter to see. A thirty second or one minute clip can change her whole life and mind forever. For example the new M&M’s commercial is very offensive to me as a mom. If you haven’t seen it, just imagine the brown M&M in bed with its shirt off next to a half naked woman, whose husband surprises her. What’s up with that?

I would not want my daughter to think its okay to sleep in the bed under the sheet’s with a candy perhaps, in a sexual way. I’d take that very offensive if she thoughts that way acceptable. Also, I would like to keep cigarettes ads off the TV. As of now they have commercials running daily about people that shouldn’t be smoking, good advertising but can go about it a different way. I know that these ads are designed to keep people from smoking rather than encouraging it, but someone shouldn’t have to peel off their face to get the point across that smoking can cause skin cancer and other problems. This one’s heart is in the right place, perhaps, but it takes it to the point of annoyance.

I believe there are a lot of commercials that should banned from the internet. For example, you would never see an abortion commercial on TV, simply because it’s not a friendly conversational topic that everyone wants to see. The point I’m trying to make is that, women and some men still know without the ads and commercials exactly where to get a safe abortion if needed, or do they? I think it’s common sense, but maybe not. Nevertheless, it is an annoying ad and certainly offensive to many religious groups.

(An excerpt from MDC student J. Holt)

No comments:

Post a Comment